California Registered Agent Inc Registered Agent Service for $39/year
ORDER REGISTERED AGENT No Hidden Fees. Same Price Every Year

California Registered Agents in Redding, California!

California registered agents service for $39 a year.

Our Service

  • Registered agent service is what we do, it’s not a side-business
  • Legitimate commercial location (not a residential home address)
  • Full set of compliance documents right in your online account
  • Real-time document delivery and easy-to-access online records
  • Our system is safe, simple and secure (no Paypal)
  • Instant service

California is a great state for business. That’s why we have the largest economy of any state in the country. But business here can be confusing. For example, when you form your business you’re required to appoint a California registered agent. But sometimes a registered agent is called a statutory agent. Or an agent for service of process.

It doesn’t help that many California registered agents aren’t entirely legit. There’s more than one registered agent in this state working out of their home. Do you trust your sensitive legal and tax information to someone working from home? Is it likely that individual has the resources to store and keep safe your personal information?

You can find our local commercial California Registered Agent Inc. office right here in Redding. We like Redding. We’re in the county seat of Shasta County, up here in Northern Cal, far enough away from the southern metropolises that you can relax and breathe. We like it that way.

Our employees are business filing experts. Call them up. They’ll chat with you about any business-related questions you have.

Furthermore, we maintain one of the most secure information systems in the business. We don’t use systems like PayPal, and we don’t store your credit card information. We don’t sell your information to third-party marketers either. We think that’s just not right.

What we do is business filing and resident agent service. All day, every day. We’re here for you. We’re here to help make your business a success any way we can. That’s our promise.

Do I Need a California Agent for Service of Process?

Under California Corporate Code 1505, all business entities registered in California are required to maintain a registered agent for service of process.

Your LLC or Corporation business filing will not be accepted by the Secretary of State without a California registered corporate agent.

The law was designed to ensure that businesses could be easily contacted for all official purposes by the Secretary of State and by the general public.

Is There a Difference Between Registered Agents, Corporate Agents and Statutory Agents?

In California registered agents go by a long list of different names:

  • California Registered Corporate Agent
  • California Agent for Service of Process
  • California Resident Agent
  • California Corporate Agent
  • California Statutory Agent

Bottom line: each of these titles is the same thing: a registered agent. Despite the difference in names, the requirements and responsibilities are all the same.

What Does My California Resident Agent Do?

  • Accept services of process and official mail on behalf of your business
  • Notify you when they receive official mail, notifications or documents for your business
  • Forward documents to you in a timely manner
  • Maintain an in-state physical address (called a registered office)
  • Remain open during regular business hours to accept any notices on behalf of your business

How Do I Change My Registered Agent to You?

To change your corporate agent you must file an Amended Statement of Information with the California Secretary of State.

You can file the amendment online but only if you are inside your normal filing period (California requires corporations to file a Statement of Information every year; if you filed your formation documents in June, your normal filing period would be June and the five months prior to June, January to May).

If you are not within your normal filing period, you must mail or hand-deliver the Amended Statement of Information.

LLCs must mail or hand-deliver the Amended Statement of Information to the Secretary of State’s office. LLCs file a Statement of Information biennially.

Do I Hire You Before or After I Form My Company?

Hire us first. In California, you must appoint your statutory agent on your formation paperwork. Our name and physical address must appear on those documents.

The California Secretary of State will reject your application if you do not appoint an agent for service of process.

What is the Best Way to File My Formation Documents in California?

Hand delivery is the fastest method, but it’s not generally realistic for most filings. Unfortunately, California only lets domestic LLCs file online, so most business entities will need to drop their formation documents off or mail them in.

Hand-Delivery Address:
Secretary of State
1500 11th Street, 3rd Floor
Sacramento, CA 95814

Mailing your documents is the only other method for delivering your documents.

Mail your filings (along with a check/money order) to:
Secretary of State
Business Entities
PO Box 944228
Sacramento, CA 94244-2280