California Registered Agent Inc Registered Agent Service for $39/year
ORDER REGISTERED AGENT No Hidden Fees. Same Price Every Year

Certificate of Authority in California – Filing Service

CA Foreign Corporation

If you own a corporation headquartered in another state and want to do business in California, you will need a Certificate of Authority to operate in California. You can obtain one by filing as a foreign corporation with the Corporations Division of the California Secretary of State. Once filed, the State of California will return a filed certificate of authority to you. A foreign California corporation should not be confused with an out-of-country corporation. Any corporation not actually formed (created) in the State of California is called a foreign corporation.

We only charge $100 plus the California State filing fee to prepare and file the Foreign California corporation Certificate of Authority form with the California Secretary of State, Corporations Division. We also will track down the documentation needed from your home state of incorporation to file your documents.

If you want to do the filing yourself: you just need to sign up for our registered agent service in California and you’ll find the foreign corporation form is in your client account immediately. You’ll also find some submission tips on how to make the filing with the state. Your business needs to have a registered agent in California anyway, so we try to make this a simple process for you, whether you want us to do the filing or you want to do the filing yourself.

How Do I Sign Up?

Just sign up for our registered agent service first. Next, you can look at the foreign corporation form in your account online and also at the included filing tips. If you don’t want to fill out and submit the forms yourself, you just click the “Add services” tab from your account, and add our filing services for $100 plus the state filing fees. At all times, you can check the real time status of our work in progress. Once we are finished with your California foreign corporation registration, we always upload the filing into your client account, email it to you, and mail you the original filed documents.